From time to time, the Virginia Press Association recognizes exceptional individual contributions to the newspaper industry by presenting an individual with the VPA Lifetime Achievement Award.
Nominees are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Virginia Press Association service;
- years of employment and service in the newspaper industry;
- the type of work nominees have done;
- any special projects in which they have participated; and
- community service and other personal achievements.
Nominations shall include:
- the name, address, telephone number and email address of nominee and nominator;
- a letter of nomination not to exceed two pages, with a rationale for the nomination;
- a curriculum vita of the nominee; and
- up to five letters of support, not to exceed two pages each, providing additional evidence in support of the nomination. The number of letters of support received for a nominee shall not be a determining factor in the selection process; rather, the evidence of the person's accomplishments shall be the factor considered.
Nominations should be emailed to Janet Madison at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Virginia Press Association, 11529 Nuckols Road, Glen Allen, VA 23059.
Nominations for persons not selected for the award in any given year may be reconsidered in subsequent years provided the person still meets the award criteria above.
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS IS JANUARY 29, 2016.