The VPA Outstanding Sales Professional of the Year Award allows you to celebrate the qualities, traits and skills that are a part of your best sales professional team member. The winners will be considered role models whose qualities have led to great success in the newspaper/online advertising profession. It’s a great way to recognize a shining star!
- This award is designed for sales personnel from a VPA member publication only.
- A manager may be eligible only if he/she spends 50 percent or more of his/her time actively selling local accounts during the normal sales cycle through the year.
- Candidates will demonstrate leadership and tenacity that have engineered growth in linage and revenues, developed and grown new accounts.
- Additional skill sets should include: excellent time management, organized approach to sales presentations, detail-oriented, accurate paperwork, excellent copy and layout skills, excellent communication skills and extraordinary customer service for clients.
- The nominee will have an ongoing positive attitude to change within and outside the industry. Will be competitive, knowledgeable of the benefits as they pertain to our industry. The nominee will demonstrate that he/she is reliable and responsible in the relationship between the customer and their employer with regards to credit, collections and profit. He/she will have a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Nominations should be submitted on the official nomination form.
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS IS JANUARY 29, 2016.