Virginia Press Association seeks to recognize exceptional young journalists in Virginia by presenting the VPA Outstanding Young Journalist Award.
Winners of this award will have demonstrated excellence in the field of journalism and maintained high standards of quality and ethics. The award aims to reinforce the importance of a journalist’s role by recognizing and nurturing talent to promote quality journalism.
- Nominees must be 30 years of age or younger as of January 1, 2016.
- Nominees must be an employee or regular contributor to a VPA member newspaper in good standing.
Nominations must be submitted and signed by an editor or publisher and should include the following items:
- A letter of nomination from the editor or publisher, noting the contributions and achievements of the nominee;
- The nominee’s resume; and
- Ten (10) samples of the nominee’s work from the previous calendar year (2015).
Entries will be judged on the quality and variety of work samples, and the impact of the nominee’s work in the community.
Nominations should be emailed to Janet Madison at email@example.com, faxed to (804) 726-1571, or mailed to Virginia Press Association, 11529 Nuckols Road, Glen Allen, VA 23059.
Winners are not eligible to win the award in subsequent years. Nominations for persons not selected for the award in any given year may be reconsidered in subsequent years provided the person still meets the award criteria.
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION IS JANUARY 29, 2016.