The VPA Outstanding Young Sales Professional of the Year Award allows you to celebrate the qualities, traits and skills that are a part of your best sales professional team member. The winners will be considered role models whose qualities have led to great success in the newspaper/online advertising profession. It’s a great way to recognize a shining star!
- This award is designed for sales personnel from a VPA member publication only.
- A manager may be eligible only if he/she spends 50 percent or more of his/her time actively selling local accounts during the normal sales cycle through the year.
- Nominees must be 30 years of age or younger as of January 1, 2016
- Candidates will demonstrate leadership and tenacity that have engineered growth in linage and revenues, developed and grown new accounts.
- Additional skill sets should include: excellent time management, organized approach to sales presentations, detail-oriented, accurate paperwork, excellent copy and layout skills, excellent communication skills and extraordinary customer service for clients.
- The nominee will have an ongoing positive attitude to change within and outside the industry. The nominee will demonstrate that he/she is reliable and responsible in the relationship between the customer and their employer with regards to credit, collections and profit. He/she will have a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Nominations should be submitted on the official nomination form.
Questions? Contact Janet Madison at (804) 521-7570 or JanetM@vpa.net.
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS IS JANUARY 29, 2016.